Bird’s nest catches fire in St Albans home

First published in News St Albans & Harpenden Review: Photograph of the Author by , Senior Reporter

Firefighters were called to a house in St Albans last night after a bird’s nest that was stuck up the chimney caught fire.

A fire crew from St Albans rushed to Sandpit Lane at 9.30pm.

The large nest became dislodged and fell into the fire.

The homeowner had a fire guard which stopped the flames from spreading but a mirror hanging above was damaged.

Firefighters spent about 45 minutes tackling the blaze.

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:42pm Tue 20 Nov 12

sweep-me says...

Having your chimney swept regularly is so important, chimney fires can be very dangerous!
Having your chimney swept regularly is so important, chimney fires can be very dangerous! sweep-me
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree