Get involved: send your pictures, video, news & views by texting st albans to 80360, or email us
Firefighters attend house fire in Camp Road, St Albans, caused by cigarette
Firefighters were called to a house in St Albans last night after a blaze broke out in the bedroom.
Crews rushed to Camp Road just after 9pm.
It is believed that the fire was caused by a cigarette that had not been put out properly.
Although the fire was contained to the top floor bedroom, other parts of the semi-detached house suffered smoke damage.
Firefighters remained at the scene for about 45 minutes.