Get involved: send your pictures, video, news & views by texting st albans to 80360, or email us
Man taken to Luton and Dunstable hospital after flat blaze in St Albans
A man has been taken to hospital following a fire at a flat in St Albans this afternoon.
The emergency services were called to the property in Britton Avenue at 2.45pm.
The man had put a waste paper bin on his kitchen counter without realising that his electric hob was turned on.
Two pumps from the St Albans fire station remained at the scene until 3.30pm.
Part of the road was closed by police officers to allow the firefighters to tackle the blaze safely.
The man has been taken to Luton and Dunstable hospital for further care.