Get involved: send your pictures, video, news & views by texting st albans to 80360, or email us
Guests evacuated after blaze at Avalon House Hotel in St Albans
Fire crews tackled a fire for two hours yesterday at a St Albans hotel to avoid it spreading to the roof.
The third floor of Avalon House Hotel in London Road became ablaze because of an extractor fan at around 5pm.
Four fire engines from St Albans, Hatfield and Garston used hose reels and breathing apparatus to ensure the fire did not spread to the roof.
Staff and guests from the hotel were evacuated immediately and no one was injured.