Grade II listed pub fire ruled accidental, fire investigators say

First published in News St Albans & Harpenden Review: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter

The fire that ripped through a Grade II listed Wheathampstead pub has been ruled as accidental, fire investigators have found.

The blaze took place at the Swan Pub, High Street the early hours of July 16.

At the time Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue said when firefighters arrived the blaze had taken hold of both floors of the pub, in High Street.

Part of the pub’s roof had to be cut away so firefighters could reach the flames.

Following a preliminary investigation, it was ruled as an accidental fire.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree