Get involved: send your pictures, video, news & views by texting st albans to 80360, or upload here
School strikes: is your child's school open or closed?
Schools across the county are striking tomorrow in protest over pay, pensions and working conditions.
The decision to stay open or to close is for individual head teachers and governors to make.
This article will be updated as details come in, so check back throughout the day for more information.
Details of schools that are striking are below.
- Abbey C of E VA Primary, St Albans.
- Batford Nursery, Harpenden.
- Verulam, St Albans
- Aboyne Lodge Primary St Albans - YN, YR, Y2 and Y4 will be closed. Y4 will be closed for the morning only.
- Fleetville Infant & Nursery St Albans - Closed
- Fleetville JM St Albans - Closed
- Maple Primary St Albans - Year 2 will be closed in the morning only.
- Beech Hyde Primary St Albans - Year 1ZA and Year 3 will be closed.
- Margaret Wix Primary - Years 3, 4 and 5 will be closed.
- Roundwood Primary - Years 7, 8, 9 and 10 (though will remain open for any younger students whose parents cannot find childcare) will be closed.
- St Albans Girls' School - Years 7, 8 and 9 will be closed.
- Beaumont - Years 7, 8 and 9 are closed.
- Bowmansgreen Primary, London Colney - closed to all children except year 6.
- Heathlands School, St Albans - closed 8/9M and 8/9S are closed.
- Sir John Lawes, Harpenden - years 7, 8, 9 and 10 will be closed.
- Beech Hyde Primary, St Albans - Year 1ZA, Year 3 and Class 1RC will be closed.
Chris Hayward, cabinet member for education, said: "While we recognise that there are strongly held feelings on both sides of this national dispute, strike action in a key public service like this can only be to the detriment of Hertfordshire’s children and their parents. We hope that there is a speedy resolution to this dispute in the interests of all concerned."
Comments are closed on this article.