Firefighters tackle overnight blaze in St Albans house

Picture from stock

Picture from stock

First published in News St Albans & Harpenden Review: Photograph of the Author by , Senior Reporter

Firefighters have been tackling a St Albans house fire since the early hours of this morning.

The accidental fire broke out on the first floor of the house in Upper Culver Road at about midnight. 

Firefighters were on the scene for two to three hours before another five appliances were called.

Crews had to drag the personal belongings of the house owner out on to the front lawn to try and locate where the fire had started.

A woman, said to be the owner of the house, was taken to hospital with minor burns to her hands and smoke inhalation because it is thought she had attempted to put out the fire. 

The fire has been extinguished but firefighters are still on scene dampening down the home.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree