A St Albans school girl was rushed to hospital after chemicals exploded in her face this morning.
The pupil had been taking part in a science experiment at Sandringham School when chemicals from the reaction blew up, causing serious burns.
East of England Ambulance Service (EEAST) was called just before 10.25am and the girl was rushed to Stoke Mandeville Hospital, which specialises in treatment for burn injuries.
Paul Davis, who attended the incident from EEAST, said: "The girl has been taking part in a science experiment at school when some chemicals exploded in her face, causing serious burns.
"Fortunately her condition is not believed to be life-threatening, and no-one else was injured in the incident."