St Albans school girl left with 'serious burns' after science experiment chemicals exploded in her face

St Albans & Harpenden Review: Picture from stock Picture from stock

A St Albans school girl was rushed to hospital after chemicals exploded in her face this morning.

The pupil had been taking part in a science experiment at Sandringham School when chemicals from the reaction blew up, causing serious burns.

East of England Ambulance Service (EEAST) was called just before 10.25am and the girl was rushed to Stoke Mandeville Hospital, which specialises in treatment for burn injuries.

Paul Davis, who attended the incident from EEAST, said: "The girl has been taking part in a science experiment at school when some chemicals exploded in her face, causing serious burns.

"Fortunately her condition is not believed to be life-threatening, and no-one else was injured in the incident."

Comments

Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree