Eight days of firefighter strikes begin today as crews across the county walk out over cuts to pensions.
Firefighters will be carrying out eight days of strike action as they continue their three year campaign to stop cuts to pensions.
Members of the Fire Brigades Union (FBU) from Hertfordshire will be heading to the picket line for four hours each day for the extended period of industrial action between July 14 and 21.
These strikes will take as follows:
- Monday, 14 July - 6am to 8am and 5pm to 7pm
- Tuesday, 15 July - 6am to 8am and 5pm to 7pm
- Wednesday, 16 July - 6am to 8am and 5pm to 7pm
- Thursday, 17 July - 6am to 8am and 5pm to 7pm
- Friday, 18 July - 6am to 8am and 11pm to 1am on Saturday
- Saturday, 19 July - 11am to 1pm and 11pm to 1am on Sunday
- Sunday, 20 July - 5pm to 7pm
- Monday, 21 July - 6am to 8am and 5pm to 7pm
During these periods there will be fewer firefighters on duty across the county.