Overnight roadworks could force residents from their homes, says county councillor

Picture from stock

Picture from stock

First published in News by

A county councillor said residents will be forced to leave their homes if planned roadworks are not rescheduled.

Liberal Democrat Chris White’s comments came after the announcement of the works in Victoria Street - due to take place at night in the week commencing September 29.

Councillor White said: "I could barely believe my eyes when I saw the proposal - working from 8pm until 5am in a street which has numerous residential properties.

"I have so far been reassured that there won't be any jack hammering after midnight. I am sure the school age children will find that a great help.

"Their excuse is that it is ‘heavily trafficked’. Yes it does have traffic but nowhere near as much as London Road or Hatfield Road, for instance.

"Residents will be forced to leave their homes unless the county council reschedules these works."

Councillor White said he would keep pressuring for a switch to daytime working outside of rush hour periods.

 

Comments

Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree