A mixed bag of results saw St Albans City extend their unbeaten National League South run to five games over the Easter weekend.

Friday proved to be a frustrating day for the Saints as they conceded a last-gasp goal in a 1-1 stalemate away at Whitehawk.

They bounced back from that disappointment in fine fashion with a dominant display to claim a 3-0 win against Weston super-Mare.

The trip to Whitehawk looked to be the ideal opportunity for City to claim victory as they faced a side flirting with the relegation zone.

The opposite was in fact true, however, as City were made to battle for a first half lead.

Ian Allinson’s side were on top for much of the game and forced a number of good saves from Whitehawk stopper Lucas Covolan.

His resistance ended just before the half-hour mark as Zane Banton broke the deadlock with his first goal for the Clarence Park club.

Some fine work on the right wing led to a low cross being only partially cleared and Banton picked the ball up six yards from goal.

A good first touch took him clear of two defenders before he rounded the keeper and fired past a man on the line.

The second half brought an improved performance from the home side and they forced James Russell into a good save soon after the restart.

Still City were on top though, and Banton engineered a good chance for his second, spinning in the box and firing tamely at goal.

City’s failure to make the most of their superiority, which saw Shaun Lucien and Ibby Akabani spurn chances, was ultimately punished as the game ticked towards its conclusion.

A partially cleared corner in the second minute of added time fell invitingly for Glen Southam on the edge of the box.

His half-volley bounced off the turf and found its way into the roof of the net to ensure a share of the spoils.

Monday provided the ideal chance to bounce back, which City took with both hands.

Three goals inside the first 31 minutes sealed a comfortable win as Charlie Walker, Lucien and Banton all found the net.

Four points from the two games leaves City 10th with two games remaining this season.

They begin the final stages of their run in by hosting East Thurrock United at Clarence Park on Saturday.

United come into the game three places below City in the league after a run of just one win in their last four league outings.

They too struggled for consistency over the weekend as they picked up a win and a defeat from their two matches.

A home game with Bath City yielded a 2-0 victory on Friday, but any momentum they hoped to build from that result failed to materialise in a 4-0 loss against Eastbourne Borough on Monday.

Victory on Saturday could see St Albans climb to ninth in the table.