Verulamians won their fourth game in a row after a comprehensive 51-0 victory over Hendon.

The large crowd were kept entertained as the home side dominated from start to finish scoring nine tries in the process.

The Vees now climb the table to fourth and have a shot at promotion if they are able to take their momentum into the new year and maintain their current impressive form.

The scoring began from the outset as the Vees swept down the field to allow winger James Young to finish in the corner. Within minutes Verulamians extended the lead as industrious flanker Ross Morgan cut an inside line to score.

With Hendon desperately scrambling to reorganise their defence Morgan picked an intelligent line to cut through the defence to score the first of a brace of tries.

It was a combination of the strength of the Vees front row and the skill of the backs that set up the opportunity for a third score. David Coyle carried well before off-loading to scrum-half Tom Backman who fed the backs.

After some excellent passing in the centres the Vees created an overlap and Alex Ricci raced on to the ball to score in the corner. On the stroke of half-time the Vees secured the bonus-point from a potent driving maul.

The imperious lock Robin Wildey rose to gather the lineout, which he controlled all afternoon, and the pack set up the drive. After several twists and turns the Vees kept the power on and maintained their composure as captain Coyle dotted the ball down to take the score to 20-0 at the break.

Sam Townsend, who worked hard in support throughout the game, leached on to Morgan and drove him over the line for the flanker’s second score after the restart.

The scoring frenzy continued as Young went in for his second try. With the Vees runners causing problems all over the pitch Crowne showed great variation in attack as he kicked past the visiting winger towards the corner.

The ball skidded across the sticky pitch and Young burst through to get the finishing touch on the move.

Commanding scrum-half Backman exploited the weary defence as he sniped around the ruck to score a quick brace of tries. The try of the game fittingly came from another rolling maul which capped a dominant display from the Verulamians forwards.

After lock Joe Baker had barged his way through the defence the Vees were awarded a penalty which was put into the corner.

Once the maul was set there was no stopping the rampaging pack as they surged over line. Townsend emerged with the ball to seal an impressive win for Verulamians.

The side are now just win away from the promotion places and will return after their two-week break full of confidence after their recent run of victories.