London Borough of Harrow Courtenay Avenue Parking Review The Harrow (Waiting and Loading Restrictions) (Amendment No. *) Traffic Order 202*Notice ID: WAT2304811
London Borough of Harrow Courtenay Avenue Parking Review The Harrow (Waiting and Loading Restrictions) (Amendment No. *) Traffic Order 202*
1. Notice is hereby given that the Council of the London Borough of Harrow proposes to make the above-mentioned Order under sections 6 and 124 and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers.
2. The general effect of the Waiting and Loading Restriction Amendment Order would be further to amend the Harrow Waiting and Loading Restriction Order 2014 so that:
(a) waiting by vehicles (otherwise than for the purpose of delivering or collecting goods or loading or unloading a vehicle) will be prohibited at any time within certain lengths of Courtenay Avenue and its Service Roads;
(b) the sale or offer for sale of goods from a vehicle will be prohibited unless there is in force a valid licence issued by the London Borough of Harrow or the goods are immediately taken into or delivered at premises adjacent to the vehicle from which the sale is effected;
(c) the use of any vehicle or of any animal or the wearing of fancy dress or other costume, wholly or mainly for the purpose of advertising will be prohibited;
3. The restrictions referred to in this notice would not apply in respect of anything done at the direction of a police constable in uniform or with the permission of a civil enforcement officer or other person authorised by the Council or in certain circumstances, such as the picking up or setting down of passengers, or the carrying out of statutory powers or duties. The usual exemption relating to vehicles lawfully displaying a disabled person's "Blue Badge" would apply.
4. A copy of the proposed Order, of a map of the relevant area and of the Council's statement of reasons for proposing to make the Order can be inspected until the expiration of a period of 21 days from the date on which this notice is published online at
or alternatively at Greenhill Library, Perceval Square, College Road, Harrow, HA1 1QX between 10am and 6pm Monday to Saturday and 10am and 3pm Sunday.
5. Further information may be obtained by contacting the Transportation Service at
6. Persons desiring to object to the proposed Order should send a statement in writing of their objection and the grounds thereof, to the Head of Traffic, Highways and Asset Management at
quoting reference 21-14, before the aforementioned date.
Dated 13 January 2022
David Eaglesham, Head of Traffic, Highways and Asset Management, Community Directorate, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XA