Get involved: send your pictures, video, news & views by texting st albans to 80360, or email us
Celebrate National Older People's Day in St Albans
Older people in St Albans are invited to celebrate Older People’s Day in the city next month.
The event will take place in the Old Town Hall on Tuesday, October 1 from 10am to 2pm.
Visitors will get the opportunity to have their say about issues affecting them and key themes arising from this discussion will be used to help form the agenda for future meetings of the Older People’s Forum.
The Forum was set up a year ago by St Albans District Council to give older people a say in decisions that affect their quality of life.
There will also be a chance to browse stalls hosted by a range of organisations providing activities, information and advice, along with dance taster sessions in FitSteps, developed by Strictly Come Dancing dancers and in Zumba Gold.
Musical entertainment will be provided by a ukulele group and Fleetville Harmony Choir.
During the Older People’s Day event, residents will be able to find out about:
• Learning opportunities with Oaklands College and the University of the Third Age (U3A)
• Walks organised by the Countryside Management Service
• The council’s museums and associated events
• Activities organised by Computer Friendly, Fleetville Harmony Choir, Clarity Yoga Studio and other local groups
• Volunteering opportunities from the Centre for Voluntary Service.
To reserve a place for lunch or to arrange transport, contact Nicky Flynn or Lisa Smart as soon as possible.
Call Nicky Flynn on 01727 814602 or 07770 701801, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Lisa Smart, on 01727 819399 or email: lisa.smart.stalbans.gov.uk
Comments are closed on this article.