Residents will have the chance to have their say on policing issues they are concerned about in their area at regular surgeries until December.
The St Albans Central, West & North, Harpenden & Rural and London Colney, St Stephen & St Albans East neighbourhood teams have now set their three most topical neighbourhood priorities.
The priorities for St Albans Central, West & North include speeding in Batchwood Drive, The Ridgeway, Holyrood Crescent, Maynards Drive, Cottonmill Lane, Hatfield Road, Sandridge Road, Folly Lane, Green Lane, Francis Avenue, Marshalswick Lane as well as before and after school drop off and pick up times.
Anti-social behaviour including drinking alcohol in a public place and purse dipping are also key priorities.
Cunningham and Ashley residents can go attend the surgery at the Quality Hotel in London Road on Tuesday, October 22 from 7pm to 8pm, Tuesday, November 19 from 3pm to 4pm and Sunday, December 8 from 4pm to 5pm.
Clarence residents can also go to Morrisons in Hatfield Road on Friday, October 25 from 3pm to 4pm, Saturday, November 23 from 12 midday to 1pm and Monday, December 23 from 3pm to 4pm.
For Marshalswick North, Marshalswick South and Sandridge residents the next surgeries will be held at St Mary’s Church in Sherwood Avenue on Tuesday, November 12 from 12 midday to 1.30pm, Tuesday, December 3 and Friday, January 10.
Times are to be confirmed for the last two events.
The priorities for Harpenden & Rural are burglaries in Redbourn, speeding in Wheathampstead and vehicle crime in Harpenden town centre.
The following surgeries will be held in Harpenden town centre at:
- Sainsbury’s on Friday, November 8 from 10am to 12 midday.
- Waitrose on Wednesday, November 20 from 4pm to 6pm.
- Sainsbury’s on Friday, December 6 from 4pm to 6pm.
- Waitrose on Friday, December 20 from 4pm to 6pm.
The following surgeries will be held at the Wheathampstead police office in Marford Road on:
-Friday, October 25 from 2pm to 4pm
- Sunday, November 3 from 2pm to 4pm
- Friday,November 8 from 4pm to 6pm
- Saturday, November 16 from 4pm to 6pm
- Thursday, November 21 from 2pm to 4pm
- Tuesday, November 26 from 4pm to 6pm
- Friday, November 2, from 12 midday to 2pm
- Tuesday, December 3 from 3pm to 5pm
- Saturday, December 7 from 12 midday to 2pm
- Tuesday, December 10 from 2pm to 4pm
- Sunday, December 15 from 3pm to 5pm
- Wednesday, November13 between 10am and 4pm
There will be a Free Dog Chipping Day organised by The Dogs Trust in Marford Playing Fields. The following surgeries will be held at the Redbourn police office at the Redbourn Parish Centre in The Common:
- Saturday, October 19 between 4pm and 6pm.
- Wednesday, October 23 between 9am and 11am
- Monday, November 4 between 11am to 1pm
- Thursday, November 7 between 11am to 1pm
- Monday, November 11 between 2pm to 4pm
- Saturday, November 16 between 9am to 11am
- Tuesday, November 19 between 9am and 11am
- Saturday, November 23 between 11am and 1pm
- Wednesday, November 27 between 2pm and 4pm
- Saturday, November 30 between 2pm and 4pm
The new priorities for Park Street, St Stephen and St Albans East areas are anti-social behaviour in Black Boy Wood, speeding and anti-social behaviour in Alban Way. These will be discussed at surgeries held at the Community Centre at Cotlandswick in London Colney between 7pm and 8pm on Tuesday, October 29, Thursday, November 28 and Sunday, December 22.
Surgeries will be held for St Albans East (Ashley and Cunningham) residents at the Quality Hotel in London Road on Tuesday, October 22 from 7pm to 8pm,Tuesday, November 19 from 3pm to 4pm and Sunday, December 8 from 4pm to 5pm.
Park Street police office surgeries will take place on Saturday, November 9 between 12 midday and 1pm and Monday, December 16 between 7pm and 8pm.
Surgeries will also be held in the police office at the Bricket Wood parish council office on Sunday, October 27 from 3pm to 4pm and Saturday, November 16 from 11am to 12 midday.