Police release CCTV images following spate of distraction thefts (From St Albans & Harpenden Review)
Get involved: send your pictures, video, news & views by texting st albans to 80360, or upload here
Police release CCTV images following spate of distraction thefts
These CCTV images show the faces of nine men and two women police would like to speak to following a spate of distraction thefts in the St Albans district.
PC Adam Wills said: "We would appreciate the public’s help in trying to identify these people on CCTV. They may be able to help us with our enquiries.
"If these images are of you or you know who they may be, please get in touch with us.
"We will continue to publicise CCTV images of people we would like to speak to help reduce crime and anti-social behaviour across the St Albans district."
Anyone with information on the identification of those people pictured are asked to contact PC Wills on 01707 806213 or the Herts Police non-emergency number 101. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
1. A woman stole a bank card and driving licence from a handbag left unattended in the restaurant of Aylett Nurseries in North Orbital Road (A414) on Tuesday, April 30, 2013. The card was used with withdraw cash over the counter (F1/13/1466).
2. A wallet containing cash and a credit card were stolen from a man, in his 80s in St Peter’s Street on Friday March 8, 2013. The card was used to withdraw cash. (F1/13/746).
3. Meat worth £80 was stolen from the Co-op in How Wood, Park Street on Tuesday, June 25, 2013. (F3/13/951)
4. A Sony Bravia TV was stolen from Sainsbury’s in Everard Close on Friday, July 26, 2013. (F1/13/2340).
5. A woman was distracted in Morrisons car park in Hatfield Road when someone asked her for change and stole her bank card. Her card was subsequently used to withdraw a total of £6,000. (F1/13/2406).
6. Eight bottles of spirits, including two bottles of Martell Brandy, worth £600, were stolen from Sainsbury’s in Everard Close on February 21, 2014. (F1/14/573).
7. A man stole £1,000 from a member of staff in City Food and Wine in Catherine Street on May 22, 2013. (F1/13/1583).
8. An elderly man was distracted in Sainbury’s in Everard Close by asking if he has lost £5. As he checked his wallet, his credit card was stolen around 12.30pm on March 28, 2013. (F1/14/1022 A & B).
9. Groceries worth £40 were stolen from Budgens at the Quadrant on March 16, 2013. (F1/14/879).
Comments are closed on this article.